Many, many, many thanks to Ileandra Young for this latest award nomination! (Click her name to see her post about the award!)
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, pictured below, is one of those honors bestowed upon you by your fellow blog followers, which I love, because these types of things only strengthen our little community of writers/bloggers!
Here it is (may I add that I LOVE the design work here? Simple but effective!):
So, the rules for this award are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog. Can do!
- Link back to the person who nominated you. Did this! (see above!)
- State 7 things about yourself. (See below!)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. Working on this!
- Notify your 15 chosen bloggers by posting on their blogs so they get the notification via pingback! Working on this as well.
Alrighty… As per rule #3, here are 7 things about myself!
1. I CANNOT stand it when people say “irregardless.” It is not a word. “Regardless” is the word you’re looking for, people! Leave the “ir” for “irresponsible!”
2. I’m very into natural/herbal remedies for sickness/general health and well-being. Currently, I’m testing out the cinnamon and honey tea for weight loss rumor!
3. I could have majored in creative writing in college but didn’t because I am afraid of people telling me I suck. (I’m also afraid of being poor, which may have factored into my major decision too.)
4. I love learning. If I could stay in college forever and just take classes on topics that interest me, I would. Once, when I took a class at a community college in high school, there was this 70 year old guy in my class and he was just there learning about things that sounded interested based on the course catalog description. That’s what I want to do when I retire.
5. My family is in the process of selling my childhood home, and I am excited to move to a new house, but also feel guilty for being excited. As stupid as it sounds, I feel like we are insulting our home by leaving it (Personification, anyone?).
6. I am a pack rat. I keep everything because you never know when you might need something, and for me that reasoning justifies me filling up two closets full of stuff I only look at every once in a while.
7. I’ve decided that I’m going to run a half marathon before I’m 25, and a full marathon before I’m 30. I ran cross country as a high schooler so I do have some running know-how!
Okay… the next thing is to nominate 15 bloggers and post on their blogs to alert them of their nominations! Phew… here goes! Again, sorry if I doubled on anyone who already got this before. It just means you’re twice as inspiring!
- Alice (http://aliceatwonderland.wordpress.com/)
- Richard (http://richardleonard.wordpress.com/)
- Anna (http://annaldavis.net/)
- Kirsty (http://kirstywirsty.wordpress.com/)
- Julia (http://thejoyunderneath.wordpress.com/)
- Robert (http://whatmakesastory.wordpress.com/)
- Katie (http://katiebieker.com/)
- Jade (http://thebookishsideofme.wordpress.com/)
- Shannon (http://shannonathompson.com/)
Ack! I know that’s only nine, but I will add six more when I get on my laptop later. It has all my favorites saved to my web browser. 🙂 I’ll notify everybody once I have everyone posted here! Thanks again, Ileandra!